Monday, November 28, 2005

Not bad!

Yesterday morning I completed the Run to the Far Side 5K. I was pretty pleased with my results; my time wasn't great, but I wasn't really out to break any records, anyway. I was happy because I ran the first whole mile, walked the second, and then "ran" (read: jogged slightly faster than a walk) the third mile to the end. Considering my normal running routine is one mile, I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to run much past the first, but taking the second mile to catch my breath (and allow my shins to stop burning) was a good idea. Very cool.

There were photographers shooting everyone at the finish line; they email you based on your bib number and ask you to buy copies. I saw them as I approached the finish, and tried for an appropriate "determined but not in too much pain" look on my face. I think I pulled it off, but all the people walking in the background may give me away. If I get a picture, I will ask my friend Jen how to post it on this blog.

Three miles down...many more to go...

No comments: