Monday, September 25, 2006

Do the (b)Right(ness) Thing

Watched Spike Lee's The Inside Man over the weekend; at the time, I was struck that Lee and the art director had made such an interesting choice to shoot the movie primarily in pinks and greens. The better half was convinced there was something wrong with the DVD player, but I created this whole scenario in my mind that Lee, in shooting a modern film noir, was making an artistic choice to shoot his movie in colors which would be the opposite of black and white.

Nope. Color balance was off on my DVD player, and didn't realize it until after we had watched the whole thing, after I spent time listening to the commentary on the DVD, waiting for comments about the color, and after I looked up pics from the movie this morning. Score (yet) another one for the wife.

By the way, entertaining movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't "get" Spike Lee. When I watched this movie, I didn't understand how the Right Thing was to trash the store of the only person in the neighborhood who gave him a job? I like your comments about the color choices and I think I might have liked it better in pink and green. Maybe.