Friday, November 17, 2006

My Xmas bonus

I went on a trip to the Central Valley today to visit four different clients; made for a long day, but glad I was able to see all of them in one big swing. At my third stop, my seven year-old client asked me where I worked; when I said Oakland, she said, "Wow, that's a long drive." She's right; probably 1.5 hours without traffic. When the visit was over, she excused herself while I talked to the foster mom, and when she came back, she gave me this apple "in case you get hungry."

I know I probably earn a fraction of the money the corporate law types make, but how many of them get apples? A nice ending to a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is traditional I guess for good teachers to receive apples from grateful students. Maybe there is some parallel here? Obviously you are the Good Teacher, and your client the grateful student. Not quite so obvious is the simple truth that you are doing a good job at something the Common Man wouldn't attempt, and being recognized for your efforts. Good Job!!