Saturday, December 23, 2006

On the comeback trail...

If you are a regular reader (I'm speaking to both of you here), you know my sorrow at getting kicked off my favorite online poker site due to recent legislation which attempts to ban US players from making deposits to certain online gaming sites.

So I am trying to get back in the old-fashioned way...by winning free money!


This morning (I'm embarrassed to admit how long I played), I monied in my second freeroll, making it to the final table and coming in 8th out of 1,800 players. I now have a mighty $5 of other people in my account, and am pleased that I am once again playing poker with free money.

WSOP, here I come!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I wanna talk about The Ruins!!! Just finished today. Which character had it the worst, you think? Pablo? Eric?

I loved the ending.

brendon said...

I think Eric had it worse, as (I hope) Pablo was at least unconcious and out of it for most of the book. I liked the ending as well, especially the sort of party atmosphere of the "next batch," if you will. Fun book.