Thursday, July 29, 2004

The Four Month Headache

Finally home after several days of living out of a cooler in a hotel room in Oakland while taking the California Bar Exam. Of course, being me, several things went wrong, most notably the "inexplicable" failure of the software, meaning that I had to hand-write the entire three-day exam. I haven't hand written anything longer than a thank-you card in the last decade; I hope to regain feeling in my right arm in the next few days.

I have shelter, running water, and way too much food. Compared to most of the population of the world, I have absolutely nothing to complain about and am living the good life. But complaining is way more fun, and I have a headache that makes think a ruptured aneurysm might feel cool and refreshing right about now. Bad joke, I know, but that's about where I am right now.

Good news: it's over, I leave for the beach in about 5 hours, and my wife says she'll still love me if I fail this thing.

Bad news: if I do fail, I have NO idea what to do differently to prepare.

Worse news: we don't get the results till mid-November, plenty of time for me to convince myself that I'll be taking this thing again in February.

Pray for Mojo.

No comments: