Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Maybe I AM Phil Gordon!

This past weekend saw a weird spike in our poker game; we played both Thursday night after the first Presidential debate (btw, I have to believe that only people who made up their minds about voting for Dubya a LONG time ago could have watched his stuttering, confused performance and not been embarrassed...) and again Saturday night, making for a very short turnaround time between games.

And I think that short turnaround hurt our game. Normally, our weekly game, although set around the chips and cards, is also about getting together, sharing stories from the past week, joking around, etc. However, the lack of time between games meant nothing new to share, and I found myself much more focused on winning than on just having fun (my normal M.O., regardless of all my other talk of money and winning).

Hopefully, if we take a week off and have something to talk about this next time, things will go better. And hopefully, I'll continue to stop making stupid mistakes and WIN, WIN, WIN! :)

No comments: