Friday, February 04, 2005

Betrayed!

I apologize in advance for my language, but what the HELL?

My wife had the flu all last weekend, and then Tuesday, I started coming down with it. But by Thursday morning, I was feeling better, and by that afternoon, I was up, moving around, felt just fine. Not bad, I thought. Not bad.

But then I wake up this morning, and it's back! And, if that's not enough, it's worse than Tuesday. Can that happen? Are there "eye of the hurricane" moments for illness, to fool you into making plans and feeling great, so that a few hours later you body can BETRAY YOU COMPLETELY and get sick again?

This has to be illegal. Body, I hope you enjoy your thirty pieces of silver, because it will be a long time before I trust you again.

2 comments:

brendon said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that; I am finally feeling better after about a week, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it's ACTUALLY over this time. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

With viruses, you're meant to have complete rest until you're 100% better. That's why you feel lethargic and fatigued all the time. It's your body telling you to rest so it can concentrate on killing off the virus. If you get up before you're completely better, your body has to concentrate on doing whatever it is you're doing and not curing itself. So the virus gets a second wind. See?