Friday, January 27, 2006

And we live on Av...Goodnight!

Earlier this week, I was reading this article in Newsweek about the failure of Broadway shows in Vegas, and how new and existing shows are "trimming down," meaning they are cutting out intermissions and even editing out some content to get the overall running time down to an all-American hour and half. I mentioned this to my wife, and we agreed that we sure hope things are okay for our trip in February, since we've already purchased tix to see Avenue Q.

Guess who called yesterday? A helpful operator from the Wynn, asking us which other performance we'd rather see, since they are canceling the one we reserved, cutting the number of shows they perform per week, and eliminating the intermission. The operator assured us that they are not losing content, but of course, I've never seen the show, so how the hell would I know, anyway?

Those puppets are going to get a piece of my mind. Excuse me...Felt Americans.

No comments: