Saturday, February 24, 2007

Physical and emotional pain

That is what I feel every time I watch Adult Swim.

Many years ago, a good friend and I sat in my living room in Auburn, Alabama, and talked about creating a cable television channel that would show all of our favorite shows from the 70s and 80s, predominantly cartoons we grew up watching. Little did we know that, while we merely talked about The Damn Channel, one state over in the heart of Hotlanta, people were apparently having the same conversation. One difference is that they went one step further and talked about not only showing great cartoons, but making their own. Of course, the main difference is that they then went to Ted Turner and asked for large bags of cash to actually make it happen.

Now, every time I watch Adult Swim, as much as I enjoy it, at the same time, I also think, "Why am I not making this show?"

Damn.

No comments: