Thursday, March 01, 2007

And...suddenly I lost interest

In the end, it only took one line:

"Don't worry...there are tons of celebrities to rob other than Mick Jagger."



And with that one line, I am probably done. I enjoyed The Knights of Prosperity, not only for its goofball humor, but also out of respect for a show whose limited premise basically required it to be a "one and done" single season series: a gang of losers, longing for the sweet life, plan to rob Mick Jagger. They set up the heist, various hijinx ensue, and 20ish episodes later, you wrap things up and call it a night. Right?

Wrong. I guess I tried to forget that television is a business, and no channel is likely to invest in a show that doesn't have some (albeit remote) hope to make it to the coveted 100 episodes necessary for syndication (read: free money). When the above line was uttered, my fantasy bubble was popped, and now I fear the remaining episodes will be a sad parade of cameos, as various B-listers shuffle through, wondering how to find Isaac and the lido deck.

Too bad; you were a lot of fun while I thought you were coming to an abrupt end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not even bother with this show, and now am glad. I do hope that you watched the premier of "The Black Donnelys" last Monday after "Heroes." This has the makings of a good show.

brendon said...

I have not seen The Black Donnelys, and probably won't start watching it unless I hear something pretty positive. The idea of a bunch of Irish hoods drinking, fighting, and loving, all set to Pogues music? The stereotypes make my teeth hurt.