Thursday, November 01, 2007

You, shake your junk!

Another good earthquake Monday night, and once again, the cats were useless. It could be I just don't know how to read their body language, but if sleeping and grooming are their way of telling me that the ground is about to start heaving violently, we are apparently in for a HUGE one soon. This article talks about the lack of scientific evidence that animals have any sort of "heightened sense" of looming disaster. My anecdotal evidence is probably this: living a block away from the train stop rattles my windows enough that our cats are probably used to it by now, and the odds of them giving us any Lassie-like warnings are slim to none.

Once again, the cats fail to earn their keep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess someone decided you guys got enough press for the wildfires, because I never saw any news of the quake. Glad nothing was badly damaged, and nobody hurt. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Quake Alarm,
Up yours.