Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pedophile shopping list?

This is a photo of the back of a minivan I saw in a parking garage not long ago; I have been morbidly fascinated by these stickers for some time now, and thought this one was the coup de graceless. Why do people do this? Didn't the plot of any number of after-school specials warn us against sharing our names and how many kids there are in the family with strangers?

I don't understand the appeal of this; is this the next incarnation of the equally dumbfounding "Baby on Board" signs? There are several websites where you can buy these things, in any number of politically-correct shapes and poses, and I even found this blogger singing the praises of sharing personal information with people who didn't want it in the first place.

No se, no entiendo.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I have only seen one car with these on them. I was at the Chic-fil-a drive thru and I got to know the whole family and their interests (soccer, baseball)AND their names--first and last-- just by staring at these stickers. I looked over at the people inside and knew exactly who was who. Kind of weird.

CC said...

In scrolling down the linked site where you can order these decals, I noticed that a set of the characters available are "angel" babies, boys and girls. What the hell? Do you put these on your car to represent the kids in your family who died young?

brendon said...

Jen, I am surprised you are not seeing more of these...I assume you will see more and more. C, I have NO idea what the angels represent, but I think your guess is probably (and scarily) correct. Creepy, no?