Monday, December 10, 2007

Back home: Brendon 1, Sunburn 0

We got home from our "free" cruise yesterday; back in September, the Wife won a poker tournament on a cruise ship, and first prize was...another cruise...on the same ship...two months later. This "free" cruise was the most expensive free thing we've ever done, once you add up the airfare to Florida, various taxes, and $5 pina coladas on the Lido deck (FYI: no Gopher anywhere). Anyway, although cruising is not something we're very into, it was a fun time, and it got us out of the house and away from work for a week.

I will post stories and photos from each port below as if I was posting from the ship...which I could have done, but it would have cost me dearly, as internet time onboard is 50 cents a minute, and their connection made me long for the days of 56K dial up. Sorry, but no; you will have to pretend along with me.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You have a real way with words and with humor! I'm glad you went and glad you swam with the dophin. 12 taps should be enough for anyone. Thanks for sharing the photos and your wit.

Jenny said...

I always thought I would hate a cruise. This confirms it! :)
Thanks for the stories!