Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WISH I was making this up...

Another fun court house hallway exchange:


Guy: Hey!
Me: [ignoring shouting man]
Guy: HEY!
Me: [turning around, against better judgement] Yes?
Guy: Where's my lawyer?
Me: Sir, I don't know who you are, so how would I know who your lawyer is?
Guy: Um, I think his name is Dan.
Me: Dan who?
Guy: Um, Dan...Fielding. Yeah, Dan Fielding.
Me: [poker face] Sir, Dan Fielding was the name of a lawyer on the show Night Court.
Guy: Oh.
Me: You should probably check with the clerk, sir.


I had a pretty bad headache from not laughing...but I'm feeling much better now... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have told him that Fielding was ill, and Lionel Hutz was taking all of his cases that day.

brendon said...

"Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film, The Never-Ending Story."