Monday, March 05, 2007

Cat Touch Fever

We have two cats; one is 12 years old, the other is 7. When the younger one was a kitten, he would sleep nicely with the other cat, and she seemed to tolerate him. As he got older and more feisty, she kept her distance.

Over the past year or so, the younger one has calmed down a little, and I think they are starting to tolerate each other again. Now and then, if I come into a room quietly, I will see them sleeping near each other, but not touching. Because they are starting to accept each other, and because it is pretty chilly here 11 months out of 12, I have this theory that they lie next to each other for warmth, but only when we are not around to see them. Yes, I give them that much credit.

Over the weekend, I walked very quietly into the back bedroom, and took this picture:

The gray, older cat is at the top of the picture, and the younger one is that lump under the bed spread.

I finally cracked the case: my cats are Orthodox!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kinky!