Sunday, September 07, 2008

It's time...to face...just how bored I am...

As I type this, I am sitting on my couch in front of the television. On said television is a "show" called Hole In The Wall. Yes, that's actually the title of the show. I realize a title like that lends itself to any number of genres, but it is actually a game show about, well, a hole in the wall, and you apparently earn points by...you guessed it...fitting through the hole in the wall.

Wow. If you don't believe me, here's a clip from the Japanese version. Don't worry if you don't speak Japanese; I think very little is lost in the translation:



Didn't The Simpsons predict we would hit this level of cultural embarassment a few years ago?

I am ashamed to admit that I have not changed the channel, and even more ashamed to admit I want to see what these people actually win if they, you know, fit through the hole in the wall. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL
Our supply store at school is called Hole in the Wall.

Alex said...

I'm very guilty of enjoying an ABC show called "Wipeout" :-p