Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Close, but no steroid-laced cigar

We went to a Giants game on Sunday. If you know me, you know that I am such a die-hard baseball fan that it would take me a minute to remember who they played, but I can tell you that I did eat a hotdog, and I did manage to get an awkward sunburn on the top part of one of my arms, leaving the rest of me nice and pasty. Sweet.

What I did not get to see was Barry Bonds hit a homerun. Even if you think baseball is as boring as I do, you are probably aware that he is closing in on Babe Ruth's record (714), and with last night's shot, is now within two hits of tying the Babe. Barry did hit one out to the wall late in the game, which got everyone on their feet, but that's as close as he came while we were there.

By the way, there was something oddly fascinating about seeing thousands of people with cellphones in hand when Barry was at the plate; we have become the paparazzi.

No comments: