Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Scrubs must die

After last night's sappy, thin season finale episodes, I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that it is time to retire Scrubs. It has been a fun show, I have enjoyed the wacky antics, and I admit that I would probably pay money to see Doctor Acula if it came out in theaters. But this last season has fallen into a formulaic syndrome that I found both sad and annoying: ten minutes of wacky, then sad music halfway through as we set up whatever lesson we're going to learn, back to wacky, and then finish with the overused song montage/voice-over to wrap things up with said lesson. Lazy.

During the finale, when they crammed a new relationship for JD into about fifteen minutes, and spent the rest of the time making penis jokes, I knew that the shark had officially been jumped. Time to go out on the highest note possible.

No comments: